CLUB: Trevallyn, TAS
OCCUPATION: University Student
AEROBOWLS USED: Dynamics on most surfaces above 13 however Space for really slow tracks which are quite common in Tassie. Soon I will have a set of Evolves which seem very versatile for most conditions.
WHY DO YOU USE AEROBOWLS? I like how there is such a large variety of products (Bowls, Colours, Grips, Half sizes) which can be used to suit differing bowlers needs and wants. All of the bowls models are consistent, reliable and allow a bowler to play in any condition with great confidence and success. The Nirvana shoes are incredibly comfy and prevent me from having sore feet after long days of bowls.
- Complete my education degree at university and gain a full time job.
- Bowls - After uni hopefully return into the Emerging National Squad.
- Win an Alley Shield
- Reach 100 state games played
MOST ADMIRED PLAYER: My Brother (Michael Sims) - I think lots of my tactical game and shot selection ability I have developed from looking up to him.
FAVOURITE GREENS: Toss up between Broadbeach Green 4 or Bundoora RSL Middle green.
FAVOURITE QUOTE: "A team of champions will never beat a champion team."
OTHER HOBBIES & INTERESTS: Just about any sport, particularly the NFL, personal health and wellbeing.
- State Open Mens Team Representative (44 Games)
- Alley Shield Silver Medalist
- 1 Trans Tasman Development Series for Australia
- Australian Junior Bowler of the Year Runner up
- Runner up State Singles
- Runner up State Pairs
- Runner up State Fours
- 2 x Regional singles titles
- 2 x Regional fours titles
- 1 x Regional triples title
- 2 x Junior Golden Nugget Qtr Finalist
- 3 years as fly-in player in Melbourne metro pennant